Saturday, October 23, 2010

Never under estimate the power of hunger

Our last night on the California coast consisted of me having the biggest, blood boiling, emotional episode to date. I kind of forgot about it until I was looking back at photos of our fish taco's, realizing the possibility of me having a brain aneurysm was actually quiet great.

Yes it was a combination of things, but I'd like to hold California responsible for the most part. There truly are too many people. I'm thinking a bucket of half dead mullet, all jammed in there, splashing about, water slowly leaving that plastic, blue vessel and not really caring if they're in each others faces, since they're all about to die anyway.

Harsh.

So the fish, this is the fish we bought from a little market in Hellsville, California. Some snapper, waiting to be gobbled up. Hoping to be floured, cooked and eaten that very night, it was not, due to the high-end emotional experience.

So here we are, a glorious night in Joshua Tree, some canned goods, such as beans and salsa, fresh fish and broken corn taco's.













This last photograph is one of my favorites. We tried four more times to take a variety of shots similar, but failed.

This was a one off.

It was also our first and last night at Joshua Tree. The next morning we went for a hike, where the rattle snakes and tarantulas hide out, imagining that these highly frightening creatures would be the one's to have me screaming naked out of the park. No, this did not happen. The next morning after our walk, we arrived back at camp to a colony of bee's.

Whatever species they were, they either wanted us gone or were clinging frantically to our cloths and bodies begging for us to stay. I was unsure.

These are the creatures that had me screaming almost naked out of Joshua Tree. I screamed and I screamed and I screamed.

You know what I screamed?

"THEY'RE FUCKING   EVERYWHERE ... AAHHHHH... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK..
AAAHHHH...GLEEEEEENN..DO SOMETHING.

This was being screamed over and over while Glenn threw camping items toward me to put in the car, while spraying himself with mosquito repellent and waving a single dinner fork around, presumably at the bee's.

Eventually we got out of there, taking four days for us to put our car back together, after having to throw everything in there in the middle of the bee storm.


Somehow, I'm gathering before it got to the point of screams and sobbing pleas, I managed to make a mushroom omelette for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment