Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I left my old man friend in the trees

For one to savour a pleasing taste of the arts when bumming it by the ocean for a month with feral's and the elderly, one heads to the Murwillumbah Art Gallery. Here you will find a little cultural perspective, along with wonderful over-priced coffee in the cafe that sits mostly outdoors in amongst the trees.


It was only after I gasped at the answer to my question, 'how much is that?', that I heard my name being called. A kick ass lady who I use to know, one of those people you fancy to be around, is the busy owner of this dreamy place of great smells. I don't think I told her that I almost choked when hearing how much the coffee was. Gazing out at Mt Warning though, I really could see past such trivial complications.


This is what you get to see from the Art Gallery, whatever window you're looking out of. Let me just tell you that the ocean is only 20 minutes away, heading east, and every other way there is more of this. Also, on the way to the ocean, you're surrounded by sugar cane. Tropical and rural. You really must understand why we want to move back there. If you don't, than you soon will.


If you soften your gaze, you will see that Mt Warning looks like an old man sleeping. To me she looks like the top of a cassowary has been lodged there, to make her only more proud.


These slow moving sheep let us come right up to them and take photos. They were super quiet and looked a little like over-grown turtles. They have such have such a docile grace.


 Strolling through the gallery, we got to meet some pretty fair dinkum' Aussie's.


I didn't know if I should weep or go retrieve a second case of beer for him.


As it turns out, he just wanted to be left alone.


There were others though. It was nice when Glenn was able to play a little one on one with Australia's very own, Joe Blow.


I know he has something to say, yet, nobody is listening. Just like in real life. How about that.


You, my old man friend, will always be with me.


I'll never forget you.



No comments:

Post a Comment