Thursday, February 4, 2010

the magic of beginnings

I'm just going to squeeze on in here and let you all know im finally here for the journey. To you, thankful reader, I'd like to invite you to enjoy the ride with me.


My name is Melinda and this is my new little blog, something kept hidden. Im very excited, to say the least, and if you asked my husband he would probably tell you it was well past the used by date of me starting.


When one starts one of these little suckers, the information overload is at it's peak, ready to erupt like an egg in a microwave. So telling you a little bit about this is going to be a fine start. You should probably know first off the bat, that i have what is known as an obsession with food and the likes. I sometimes try not to think about recipes and the next dish im going to plate up while i'm lying in bed, as a result of restlessness and insomnia. Okay, maybe it's not all that bad, though i have stopped bringing cooking magazines to bed.

As for travelling? How i've missed being in my wee yellow van, on the road, sleeping under what two trees looked like they could hold the most secure hammock. Might I add that these adventures were at many locations all over that big island south of the equater. Yep, thats right, Australia. Where home will always be.
















8 comments:

  1. Really cool Minnie!! And I'm your first follower! Can't wait for what's to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did it say my name is zooba?

    ReplyDelete
  3. go minki. look forward to more news from your funny farm! do you really live in Howe street?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Minski,

    You're a talented writer and a smashing good chef, so skies the limit with your blog! Look forward to future postings and Sunday roast dinner at the Kang.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummmm, lamb fitters, I've never had or made lamb fritters. Thank you Min for the lovely foody shots and the recipe! My Mom was one of the worst cooks on the planet so it's a joy to hear that your's was not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never fail to amaze me! I feel so lucky to have eaten your amazing feasts and to have seen you cook. You're incredibly talented my friend! Thanks for sharing your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Min you must have had a great time because you obviously didn't spend any time at a computer writing on this thing! Welcome Back.

    ReplyDelete