Friday, February 5, 2010

carrots love bathrooms



Hidden in my bathroom, with a must needed grow light here in the Pacific Northwest, is a makeshift farm of rows and rows of carrots. Although i've been living here now for almost three years, the idea of seasons is still bewilding to me. By seasons I mean having to live with all what once were beauftiful pots and planters filled with kangaroo paw, gardenias and snow peas, now left for a dead-like slumber of twig. Knowing they they will spring to life again in about four months leaves a dibble of hope. In the mean time, I get to play with little starter farms kept snuggly inside.

I did have the opportunity to plant magic green beans and really purple beets along side the wise and witty carrot, but the idea of having crops of carrots seemed like more of a simple approach, the purest that I am. Although, my husband believes i just didn't want to label each row. That could also be possible.

In approximatly, hmmmmm, 55 days, I will be hosting a carrot supper. What could be more wonderful. All things carrots. Note that you may leave turned the color of orange, since I behaved a little seed happy while planting them. Hence, there will be many, many plump and stumpy carrots. Planting your own vegi's I know, may be a lot of work and waiting for some, but i'm still constantly amazed when those first little shoots start to show their fuzzy little lives.
It might be a little warm and sunny here today. Mild. Yes, that's the word for it. Time for my little farm to take a trip outside.










No comments:

Post a Comment