Thursday, October 7, 2010

I take my chopsticks everywhere

After driving for a very long time, through the desert, around lakes, between mountains and finally over rolling boulders and tall, dense pine Forest's, you really begin to crave a big bowl of spicy soup. In which case, we dined on green curry with bokchoy, tofu and rice noodles, very high up in Yosemite NP.

This was the night I wore 18 items of clothing to bed. I couldn't move but the idea of waking up with icy cold bum cheeks was not going to be an option in our cozy tent.

We had been camping for only about a week, but my fear of bears coming into our campsite and mauling us while we slept was slowly subsiding, therefore, in my mind, I had a little more freedom to be uncomfortable in other ways. Like not being a to move and having your husband roll you into bed.

When camping at over 9000 feet and you're too stingy to spend $300 on a sleeping bag that will in fact keep you warm, just use a silly amount chili in your curry and drink red wine to warm you up.

Though, in my defence, and I guess also my ignorance, I didn't think we would be 'cold camping'. Up until three days prior, I thought we would be lounging be the sea and cooking up fresh fish every night.

So there you go. Be prepared, but don't stop day dreaming.










No comments:

Post a Comment