Thursday, September 23, 2010

One humble night


























You may chuckle, you may think me a raving story teller, but really, I am very, very exhausted. How could that be you may ask? Driving and camping around the country at your leisure? Waking up and lighting a fire? Well, Glenn lights the fire and I make encouraging shoulder shrugs trying to get warm. Journey's are just tiring sometimes.

This was our fist night camping. Our first night on the road we had the chance to experience life as a duck, or say, a floating log, but decided to reside at a quuuuuaint bed and breakfast. Quaint it was.

It feels like so long ago that we were there. In real life, it has only been nine days. What tha?? In nine days we've done a lot. You'll see. Real soon. Tomorrow morning. Gotta get some sleep so I can get those, those, I can't think right now.

Hello again. Last night I was so exhausted when I wrote this that I forgot to tell you where we camped on our first night. Crater Lake is where we camped. For two nights. The first night was toasty. The second night rained. That is correct. We were the ultimate Blue Tarp Campers. Minus the tarp. We were more mesmerized by the rain dripping down the tent and into our savouring dry zone than we were about the fire. Though Glenn still maintained the fire best as he could until I lost all faith of the rain stopping, and speechlessly went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment